GlobalArtHistory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Color Aesthetics: Response to Reading

+23
Jessada
Arnan Chansurawong
Nonthachai
Pakorn
kanomsho
Jarrunon.Ch
Chayan_s
natchana
Aerobow
Panivarin Kongmahasanti
Yotsanan
Pao
Kawin
Krittirat Jaroonwit
Supanut
PridsadangP
Toshi
Kik Nattakan T.
CatNicha
apisub
Nawat
Wajjanathon
Admin
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Color Aesthetics: Response to Reading - Page 4 Empty red desert film

Post  woo jin park Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:17 am

Response of red desert film
Woo jin park
In my opinion this file was fairly interesting, because at the first scene I was able to tell that Giuliana was the main character. Antonioni used color to make her stand out from the background.
Antonion used color to express his emotions and feeling into the film. I think that the Antonioni wants to express that modern industrial can be as beautiful as nature. It is also very exciting to see the changes of how the industry world slowly taking over the natural world.
Antonioni used strong colors, in my opinion he wants to show the effectiveness of strong and different colors.
In conclusion this movie deserve to get Golden Lion prize, because he has done a great job on matching colors with the theme of the film.

woo jin park

Back to top Go down

Color Aesthetics: Response to Reading - Page 4 Empty RED DESERT

Post  Nonthachai Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am

The Red Desert film was quite interesting. It showed us about the contrast of the color. And the contrast can be easily noticeable by the audience, for example, the scene that Giuliana buying the bread from a man and walk through the woods to eat that bread. This scene shows a contrast not just in the thought of color contrast but in the thought of nature contrast too, like the woods it should be green and brown as the coat that Giuliana wears.So, as many times in the film we could say that the color of Giuliana's clothing is the color of the realistic nature in that scene. In conclusion, I think that The Red Desert film try to show us not only the contrast of the color but the contrast of the nature and city or factory life alongside.

Nonthachai Chinchiyanond

Nonthachai

Back to top Go down

Color Aesthetics: Response to Reading - Page 4 Empty APOCALYPSTICK

Post  Nonthachai Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:53 pm

reading Apocalypstick is lots of fun. its shows us how color can effects people in many different ways. There are some quotes that i wanted to discuss as well. The first one,“ Color is dangerous. It is a drug, a loss of consciousness, a kind of blindness.. A loss of mind, a kind of madness perhaps.” From Page.51. this quote states that color can affect to some in one phase of emotion but can be another phase of emotion to some. , depends on the audience of the color and the situation itself.I Think this is because we are so unique in our way of life, and that makes we see things in many different ways and that why things reflects to us in various ways. The second one is from page 52, “Cosmetics make flesh more appealing flesh that may be tired or old, or flesh that may be diseased, disfigured, decayed or even dead.". This quote states that, Cosmetics , as a color can affect to the beauty of flesh, not just woman but any flesh even though that flesh is old,diseased,decayed or dead flesh the cosmetics can change the flesh appealing in a way. As we can see that we are using cosmetics for for the dead in the funeral nowadays. The sick ones are using cosmetics while they are in the hospital. And also the old people still uses cosmetics for themselves. I think this is because people still needs something to appeal themselves all the time no matter how old they are or how sick they are.

Nonthachai

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4